WHAT TO EXPECT
Spot is a different kind of spa experience. You will be among people who intend to care for you as a whole person. The treatments here are chosen for their physical and spiritual impact for the utmost benefit to you. You’ll find that you sleep better, work better, look and feel better after you’ve discovered Spot.
Here is a bit of information to help answer some of the common questions that come up pertaining to spa services.
Before the massage begins:
- Your therapist will ask you some questions regarding your treatment. Be prepared to mention any recent surgery, injury, allergy to oils or lotions, skin conditions, or any health concerns.
- Your service practitioner will also take a moment to answer any questions you might have about the service you have chosen.
During your massage:
- It is common to undress completely, but you may leave your underwear on if that is more comfortable. During Swedish massage the body remains completely covered except for the area where the oil is applied. Shiatsu and craniosacral massage does not require you to undress at all, please wear comfortable clothes, jeans are not recommended.
- Always feel free to communicate with your therapist. Which areas of your body feel tense, achy, tight or sore?
- Do you like deep pressure? Do you prefer a lighter, more soothing touch? Every body is different. Please communicate your preference.
- Deep work is perceived differently by every body. Therapeutic deep work should never make you feel uncomfortable. If at any time during your massage, you experience discomfort or pain, please communicate immediately with your therapist.
- Relax, breathe, and close your eyes. This is your time.
After a massage:
- Massage therapy promotes circulation and the release of toxins from body tissues. Drinking water will help to flush the toxins and prevent dehydration.
- Massage is basically passive exercise. You may feel exhilarated, calmly relaxed, euphoric, or slightly sore following your massage. These effects may last for a few hours or a few days.
It is our honor to assist you on your path to health. Peace, Aloha.